Gavin G. MadiganAttorney
Gavin G. Madigan is a Monmouth County family law and divorce attorney on the rise. He graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs and a Certificate in International Media from the School of Journalism and Mass Communication in 2012. He was the recipient of the New England Business Law Fellowship in 2013. He would complete his educational career in 2015 by earning his Juris Doctor from New England School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts.
Mr. Madigan served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Richard W. English, J.S.C., where his focus was split between the areas of family law and criminal law. In both practices, he was able to help people in need of both a strong legal ally and compassionate support. He also served as a court mediator for the Special Civil Part under the supervision of the Honorable Paul X. Escandon, J.S.C.
Mr. Madigan’s prior legal experience includes a legal internship with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, in the Office of the Principal Legal Advisor in Boston, Massachusetts. The opportunity is remarkably unique, allowing him to refine his legal skills in ways few other attorneys can. The complexity and high-stakes surrounding cases handled by this governmental department certainly helped shape Mr. Madigan into the thorough, detail-oriented attorney he is today.
Gavin G. Madigan, Esq. also interned for McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney, and Carpenter, LLP. He was a student attorney at Greater Boston Legal Services and a legal intern at the New England Innocence Project. All of these internships further helped him gain a firm understanding of the intricacies that can arise in even straightforward cases, and how to overcome them without putting additional stress on the client.
Mr. Madigan is admitted to the Bar of the State of New Jersey. He is a member of the Monmouth County Bar Association and participates in the Young Lawyer’s Division.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- New Jersey
University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs
- Certificate in International Media from the School of Journalism and Mass Communication (2012)
New England School of Law, Boston
- Juris Doctor – 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Court mediator for Special Civil Part under Honorable Paul X. Escadon, J.S.C.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, Office of Principle Legal Advisor, legal internship
- Judicial law clerk to Honorable Richard W. English, J.S.C.
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney, and Carpenter, LLP, internship
- Greater Boston Legal Services, student attorney
- New England Innocence Project, legal internship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Monmouth County Bar Association, member
- Young Lawyer’s Division, member-participant