What Is the Parent Education Seminar?
If your divorce case involves custody, parenting time or child support issues, then New Jersey law requires you and the other parent to attend a parent education program.
This workshop helps families understand their children's needs as they move through the difficult transitions of separation and divorce. It also acquaints parents with the mediation process, an alternative to traditional litigation. To learn more about how New Jersey's parent education program can specifically benefit you, contact us to arrange a free initial consultation.
Call an experienced Monmouth County family lawyer at the Law Offices of Steven P. Monaghan, LLC at (732) 624-6343 to get started.
The program is available at least twice per month, and each parent must attend separate sessions. The parents must complete the program before a final judgment of divorce is entered.
It is important that both of you attend the parent education program. Not only is attendance required by law but it is also a factor the court uses when making any custody or parenting time determinations.
What You Will Learn During the Parenting Education Workshop
You will learn:
- About the legal process and cost of divorce or separation, including arbitration and mediation
- What financial responsibilities you have toward your children
- The effect separation and divorce have on your interaction with your child and within the family relationship
- How children react to divorce or separation and how to spot problems
- What to tell them about divorce or separation
- How to keep communication open and how to answer the questions and concerns the children may have about the process
- How you and the other parent can help your children during the divorce or separation, specific strategies, ideas, tools and resources for assistance
- How you and the other parent can help your children after the divorce or separation
- How to deal with new family structures and different sets of rules
- That cooperation may sometimes be inappropriate in cases of domestic violence.
By your participating in the parent education program, you will gain a greater understanding of the emotional and financial effects of divorce. And most important, you will learn how to behave around your children and how to build a working relationship with your former spouse from the beginning of your divorce.
Want to Learn More About the Parent Education Program? Call Us.
For more than 60 combined years, our experienced attorneys have been guiding divorcing parents like you through the divorce process, helping those parents gain a better understanding of their children.
We can help you too, so call the Law Offices of Steven P. Monaghan, LLC at (732) 624-6343 to get started.